WHO WE ARE
PEACE 911 is a peace and development initiative of the government of Davao City to promote and facilitate joint inclusive peacemaking and peacebuilding processes as well as economic growth in its focus area.
Peace 911- The Center for Peacebuilding envisions peace as embedded in justice, the building of right relationships and social structures, through respect for one another and commitment to nonviolence as a way of life.
To build peaceful communities through people’s participation in good governance, equitable economic development and cohesive social relations within the framework of positive peace.
THE EIGHT PILLARS OF POSITIVE PEACE
There are eight broad categories that create and sustain peaceful societies. The Institute for Economics and Peace has identified the following eight (8) Pillars of Positive Peace as the most common characteristics of most peaceful societies. These pillars are:
The concept of Positive Peace acknowledges that ending direct violence alone does not guarantee durable peace. Ending direct violence is Negative Peace. For peace to endure, a society must build longer-term conditions that enable society to unify and flourish. This is called Positive Peace. Investing in Positive Peace improves resilience, mitigates risk of violence, and reduces the economic toll from conflict.
The Eight Pillars of Positive Peace are highly interconnected and interact together to build a system. It therefore requires building capacities for peace not only of the government but also of local communities and other structures and institutions of the City.
- 37 FRs and their families celebrates Christmas with Davao City’s Peace 911
- Peace 911 empowers 40 Youths through Gender Sensitivity Training
- Dabawenyos unite to pray for world peace
- Marilog and Paquibato business owners participate to a forum
- Peace 911 gives immediate assistance to affected fire victims in Brgy. Dominga, Calinan District
- Peace 911 conducts Panag-ambit for Communities in its focus areas
- Peace 911 joins Peace Village Exhibit
- National Peace Consciousness Month kicks off its celebration in Davao City
- Peace 911 personnel participate to Community Organizing Training
- Paquibato District Ata and FR Women gain skills on Pickles, Dried Fish And Banana Chips Making